McKenzie Electric Cooperative is seeking a qualified, dedicated and customer service oriented candidate to fill the following positions. Interested candidates may contact Carissa Suter, HR Generalist, at 701-444-6735 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to apply.
Member Services Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Special Projects Coordinator, the Member Services Coordinator is responsible for member and public relations, member communications and marketing services for member service programs and new developments by planning, organizing and coordinating Cooperative resources to promote the mission and services of McKenzie Electric Cooperative. This includes assisting management in promoting a positive company image for McKenzie Electric Cooperative, including looking for opportunities to build positive relationships that help to ensure the Cooperative’s success in current and future energy services and program related areas.
Responsibilities and Competencies: The following responsibilities and competency statements are essential functions of this position and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job function. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of personnel so classified. The person in this position may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by management.
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties are as assigned.
- Establish relationships and meet with existing and prospective members, local governments, civic organization and community-based organizations to promote the Cooperative’s mission, interests and services.
- Familiar with the Cooperative’s policies and procedures and their practical application concerning connects, disconnects, payments, capital credit allocation and retirement; understanding of rate structure and billing cycles.
- Assist in planning and conducting public relations programs designed to create and maintain favorable public image for McKenzie Electric Cooperative.
- Represent the Cooperative during community projects and at public, social and business gatherings. Accepts invitations to attend member meetings and functions for the purpose of presenting cooperative sanctioned topics.
- Coordinate public relations activities within the service area through participation in educational, civic and rural organizations. May also assist management in the presentation of educational and informative programs and/or demonstrations and special projects.
- Evaluate, analyze and recommend other public relations and marketing programs to management.
- Plan, organize and coordinate Cooperative sponsored community meetings.
- Communicate MEC’s corporate mission, programs, services, policies and new developments to the membership, public and media.
- Prepare and edit cooperative publications, including maintaining and updating the Cooperative web site and social media pages.
- Produce Cooperative’s sales and informational materials on member programs including flyers, forms, booklets, brochures, member letters, bill stuffers and new member packets. Responsible for the research, writing, editing, photography and graphic design of these materials.
- Serve as the media contact for general inquiries, news releases, emergency/outage situations and news conferences. Responsible for the research, writing, editing and photography of Cooperative’s news releases.
- Track all communications pending expenses, ensures statements are correct, paid in a timely fashion and assigned to the correct budget.
- Interpret data gathered through appropriate member attitude and end-use surveys to assist the Cooperative in determining and providing the services desired by our membership.
- Foster an effective working knowledge of marketing and writing techniques. Constantly striving to develop writing abilities with a devotion to proper grammar and mechanics.
- Assist in the planning and development of new member service programs, including new service options, energy conservation programs, energy assistance programs, web-based services and other targeted member service programs.
- Facilitate all marketing and member services programs to include member information, contacts, statistical data and any related matters. This includes assisting in the management and tracking of member participation and cost benefits of various member service programs and offerings.
- Provide assistance in member correspondence, research of general inquiries and coordinating responses of member complaints.
- Assist with billing, remittance and other member services activities. Provide assistance to key accounts program, including documenting and tracking key account activities.
- Available to assist with phones and member assistance.
- Attends and participates in training programs for improvement of job knowledge, skill and safety.
- Follows policies and procedures; upholds organizational values; works with ethics and integrity.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Manages difficult or emotional member situations; responds promptly to member needs; solicits member feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Focuses on solving conflicts, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to new and to others’ ideas.
- Speaks and writes clearly and informatively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continually build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Treats people with respect in actions and speech; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time effectively; sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Adapts to changes in work environment; manages competing demands.
- Volunteers readily; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Maintains and promotes a positive, professional attitude.
- Views the Cooperative as a unit of interdependent functions and assists when needed.
- Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree with a major in journalism, mass communications or a related field is desired. A minimum of four years’ experience in a progressively responsible communications position is required, preferably with a member owned or publicly-held utility system.
Certifications/Licenses: A valid ND Class D driver’s license is required.
- A thorough working knowledge of desktop software (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint), media communications techniques and marketing is required. A working knowledge of attitudinal research is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to create, produce and disseminate high quality written materials in effective, efficient manner.
- Experience using desktop publishing to design communications materials, basic photography skills. Familiarity with printing terminology and processes, audio/video production is necessary. Creativity, initiative, good judgment, logic, a broad range of knowledge, self-motivation, perseverance and the ability to express thoughts clearly and simply.
Skills and abilities: Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively, both orally and in writing, with members, employees and the public, whether in groups or individually. Must be able to employ patience and attentiveness to members and the media. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk or sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will occasionally need to lift and/or move a maximum of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, public assistance status, status with respect to marriage, or off-duty participation in lawful activity in compliance with applicable law, or any other form of discrimination prohibited by applicable laws. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire in compliance with federal law.